Welcome to HackRVA
HackRVA is a makerspace/hackerspace in Richmond, VA started in 2008. We're a self-funded and volunteer-run non-profit dedicated to the art of making things in a fun and positive community.
- Becoming a member (back to main website)
- Terms and Conditions - Policies of the space. How to navigate the space. Other good information. A must read.
- Membership Levels
- Minor Policy - Minors at HackRVA.
- Membership Agreement (pdf)
- On boarding members
- Online Chat
- Getting Involved
- Groups Find out about different interest groups at HackRVA.
- Member Bio Pages
- HackRVA Slack Channel Where we chat on the internet - See Online Chat Channel for signup details
- Open House Presentation See Previous Presentations.
- Digital Design : before you can make things you need to design them
- 3D Printing : thermoplastic and photoresin 3D printing are supported
- Vinyl Cutting : a large vinyl cutter with up to 130 cm roll, and a 12 x 12" Brother ScanNCut are available
- CNC Routing : if you've got sheet goods that you want to route into anything from furniture to signs we have it
- Laser Cutting : we can laser cut and engrave certain plastics and woods up to 900 mm x 600 mm x 230 mm
- Small Electronics : from soldering irons to microcontrollers, we can make things blink and buzz
- Wood working : if your material can be described as a natural composite of cellulose fibers that are embedded in a matrix of lignin then we have tools for that.
- Metal Machining : if you want to turn a sort of square block of metal into a more square block then you've come to the right place.
Workshops, Projects, & Events
- Workshops A place for documenting our workshops and learning events.
- Projects A place to document HackRVA group projects
- Events Documentation on HackRVA events.
Facilities & Equipment
Monthly Meeting - see the calender on hackrva.org for board meeting dates. All members are welcome and encouraged to attend meetings! Be involved in our community.
- Email us at [email protected]
- By-Laws for HackRVA Labs, Inc. (pdf) (newer formatting pdf)
- Slack: The app is available for Android, IOS, Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- HackRVA.org email address: [email protected]
- Membership app
- Financial Reports and Budget spreadsheet
Donating & Co-Locating
- HackRVA Media (Logos, Signs, Business Card graphics, etc)
- HackRVA Forms (Reimbursement, Instructor Payment, Parking Permits, etc)
- Facilities Floor Plan
- HackRVA in The Media
- Maker Resources
- Young Makers - A list of things/places in Richmond for makers under 18.
- List of local tech groups
- Maker Entertainment
Guest Liability Waiver
- Media:HackRVA Draft .01 Access Acknowledgement and Liability Release.docx
- Media:HackRVA Draft .01 Access Acknowledgement and Liability Release.pdf