On boarding members
This page documents the process to on board new members to all of the systems at HackRVA.
- Have the new member sign up on paypal at https://www.hackrva.org/blog/membership/
- Have the new member read and sign the hackrva membership agreement and liability waiver
- Go to the membership portal ( you must be on the internal network)
- Enter the email address that the new member used to sign up in paypal
- If you see an error message that says something like
There are no recorded payments in the last month from <email>then either the new member did not successfully subscribe on paypal or they used another email address. have them review their paypal information and retry
- You will then come to a screen where it asks for the rfid tag number:
- Get the new member an rfid tag and grab the usb scanner from the drawer in the main room under the tv
- Scan the tag with the scanner so it fills in the rfid field on the form (if you run into difficulty, you can enter this manually - the number is imprinted on the tag)
- Once you submit the form the new member will receive a slack invite and will be able to use their rfid tag.
- Test the rfid tag on the outer door to make sure the new member can gain access.