Volunteering at HackRVA
See the tasks whiteboard in the space for tasks that need to be complete. Or email, infoAThackrva.org for more specific details.
(note: we've tried several iterations of digital management systems - so far a whiteboard kicks their butt)
If you are experienced with a tool or know how to fix it, consider joining the HackRAT program
Other Sweet Volunteer Activities
- Join the HackRAT Program (Repair And Train) to help keep tools running and train others on their use.
- Lead a workshop (contact us and we'll set you up with meetup and assist with lesson plans if needed)
- Start a new event (again, contact us, and we'll give you the social media tools to advertise)
- Improve the Wiki (just create an account, and start adding useful info)
- Post a project to the maker blog (anyone at HackRVA can be a blogger, just ask and we'll give you access)
- Research and recommend a purchase (add them to our acquisitions spreadsheet (link needed))
- Socialize with new folks during open house (Thursday nights)
- Attend monthly business/board meetings and help figure out the way forward at HackRVA (see the calender for dates)
HackRVA KanBoard - Improving the Space One Virtual Sticky Note at a Time
We use the HackRVA KanBoard to do tasks around HackRVA.
It's a project management tool for groups to get things done. We use it for things like cleaning, fixing things, and all the rest.
Learn the details here - HackRVA KanBoard.
Volunteer Sign Up Sheet (this is one of our attempts at getting more people involved and worked for awhile. it's being deprecated )