These are the general rules:
- You are responsible for your own safety
- Only use tools you feel safe using.
- If you see something unsafe, STOP the operation. Anyone, and we mean ANYONE, can and should stop unsafe actions at the space.
- Use safety glasses, tie back hair, roll up sleeves, wear closed-toe shoes.
- Report any malfunctioning or worn piece of equipment.
- Follow posted guidelines in tool areas.
- Check for a contact on the piece of equipment, ask around, or email [email protected] to get training on a specific tool.
- MIT Prototype Machine Shop Video Training Series - A good place to learn use and safety for shop tools.