Welcome errant traveler.
Role at HackRVA
I'm currently the Director of Communications and Planning. I also do the workshop planning for now until we find an education director. I was the president at hackrva from 2013-2015 until we went to a director model. If you ever neead assistance around hackrva, I can probably help - or point to someone that can.
I write blog posts, update the website & wiki, upload pictures, and such. If you want to join me in my quest to "somewhat decently if not even better than that" documentation of hackrva's people and things, give me a shout - its fun!
Projects of Note
- Moon Defender - A Game-Jam Style Video Game (art, story board, level design)
- Ziptie "Mantrap" Hammock - Obvious Right!? (project lead, zipped ties)
- Inflatable Tube Sculpture - aka Artisinal Tarp (concept, 3rd chair ironer-of-trashbags)
- Hack the Dragon - Phone Adventure Game (script writer)
- R-pi Arcade (CAD, CNC, and cabinet assembly)
- BARC Jeep (documentation, some mechanical trouble shooting)
- FlipBit(partnered with Dustin, Neal, and Michael) (article)
- CNC Paper Cut Maps
- Action Packed Furniture (there was also a spinning coffee table at one time)
- FitzKits (volunteer on startup - cad work, prototyping kids, marketing)
- CNC Blacksmith Hammers (CNC and CAD Design - volunteer skill trade)
Workshops & Meetups
These are workshops and meetups I have taught/hosted or co-taught/co-hosted. CAD Dojo is the ongoing one I do the most.
- CADdojo (wiki page)
- "Build a Kit" Hangout - Making Straight from the Box
- Basic Website Setup - A Domain of Ones Own
- Free Code Camp - "non-event" hangout and learn
- Make SNES Cartridges - Small-Run Electronics Manufacturing Bootcamp
- Catapult Build - Siege Weapons for the Holidays
- RVA Makerfest @ Science Museum
- RVA Makers Come to HackRVA
- VINE Visits HackRVA
- Autodesk Inventor Saturday Morning Hangout
- Build an Online Portfolio
- Minecraft Mayhem
- Take-Apart Party - Stripping Down Old Stuff to See Whats Inside
- LED's for Holidays - Learn to Solder
- Learn 3D Printing
- Artemis Bridge Simulator Night
These are some of the more notable maker related events I've been involved in. So dang many events....
- VMFA TeenStylin'(kit builder and in-class assistant)
- C3's Talk20 (gave talk about HackRVA)
- AltFest (HackRVA - table jockey)
- RVA Makerfest 2015 (organizer & solder instructor)
- RVA Makerfest 2014 (organizer & solder instructor)
- Hampton Roads Maker Faire 2014 (HackRVA - table jockey)
- Hampton Roads Maker Faire 2013 (FredHack - table jockey)
- NYC Maker Faire 2012 (FredHack - table jockey)
- Motorama Combat Robots 2012 (judge)
- San Francisco Combat Robots World Championships 2008 (pit-crew)
Articles / Around the Web
These are articles I've written and some other maker related webby stuff.
- Heat Sealable Pack Cloth on "Cool Tools"
- Flap Disks on "BoingBoing"
- Unimat on "Cool Tools"
- HackRVA on "Circuit Cellar"
These are crowdfunds I've been involved in.
- CNC Router for HackRVA (did this one with Michael)
- littleBits with RVA Maker Guild (copy writer)
- FitKits (marketing)
- My Stack Exchange Woodworking Profile. There are no dumb questions - I guess.
- box.rva. Maintainer of world famous box website.
- CamBam (cnc software)
- CNC Router
- Laser Cutting
- Grinding and Cutting Metal
- General Writing
- Organizing Stuff
- Somewhat Almost Finishing Projects
- General Power Tools
- Basic Wood Working
- Robot Stuff
- Internet Marketing
- Mostly Finishing Projects Then Writing About Them
- Unity (game development)
- General Coding
- PodCast Stuff
- Car Stuff
- Finishing Projects